DEVRSHI KALANATH SHASTRI
Devarshi Kala Nath Shastry holds Masters Degree in English Linguistics and tutored in aesthetics of Sanskrit by renowned Sanskrit scholars like Bhatt Mathuranath Shastri, Pandit Giridhar Sharma Chaturvedi, Pandit Pattabhiram Shastri, Pandit Hari Shastri and Jagdish Sharma.
His professional career includes teaching English Literature and Linguistics in Rajasthan University for eight years. Later he served as the Director, Directorate of Official Language, Govt. of Rajasthan. He has also served as the Chairman, Rajasthan Sanskrit Academy. He is currently a member of the Sanskrit Commission of India, Chairman Kavishiromani Bhatt Mathuradas Shastri and the Chairperson at the Jagadguru Ramanadacharya Rajasthan Sanskrit University, Jaipur.
He has published 16 books in Hindi and Sanskrit and written more than a thousand articles for reputed journals of India. He has broadcast many talks on radio and television. He is a popular fiction writer who has introduced modern idioms in creative Sanskrit writing through his novels and papers. He has translated numerous works to and from English, Sanskrit, Prakrit, and Rajasthani Languages.
He has been honoured with many awards.
1. Rashrapati Puraskar (President’s Award) for his contribution to Sanskrit (1998)
2. Mahamahopadhyaya (2008 Sh.LBS. Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidypeeth, New Delhi.)
3. Sahitya Mohodadhi (1993)
4. Sahitya Shiromani (1993)
5. Life Time Achievement Award for Sanskrit, Govt. of Rajasthan.
6. Life Time Achievement Award for Sanskrit Journalism by Utter Pradesh Sanskrit Sansthan. (2008)
7. Award for Sanskrit by Central Sahitya Akademi (2004)
8. Honours by the Ministry of Human Resources Govt. of India.